Saturday 14 January 2017

Revlon Treat And Boost


Evening folks tonight I'm going to talk about a nail product, All my life I have had nail envy from being that little girl watching my older cousin putting on nail polish I was in awe, it has never been about having the longest nails but having nicer shaped and longer nail beds would be fantastic, but as they say we can't have everything we want.


 These are some photos of my nails as you can see there not long and they are never shaped the same way and grow so annoyingly.

So through my years I'm now 32 I have just plodded on using different brands of nail polish and being perfectly honest I hate painting my nails I don't have the patience to wait for them to dry so they always end up smudging or they chip and I get annoyed.

A good few years ago I decided to try out acrylic extensions and went and got them put onto my very short nails they looked amazing and I was pleased, when they were removed my nails were totally wrecked even worse than normal.

Now I have brittle, thin, weak nails they even were splitting when wasn't much of a nail there to begin with.

After having these nail enhancements I decided to get a nail strengthener I tried out brands from rimmel,barry m, opi, and even went for a more up market priced nail recovery set and nothing at all was working.
My nails were to damaged that it was sometimes even painful to touch anything as they were breaking and it was straight down the nail type of damage.

Needless to say I have since the acrylic nails had gel nails done and there supposed to be better for your nails and even tried calgel which is supposed to promote natural growth in your own nails, if it does well it didn't for me.

For past year or so I have been using Revlon treat and boost polish which retails at 7 odd pounds so not to expensive.
Its a clear polish which does look pink in the bottle but goes on nails clear, its fast drying and doesn't chip at all.

It contains vitamins and antioxidant and you can either apply it daily which I would advice doing defiantly to start off with for the first few weeks if your nails are particularly bad.

Or pop it on as needed onto your bare nails or under a polish color of your choice.

Whatever it is about this product and brand I'm not sure but it works for me don't get my wrong my nails are not amazing or super strong and with the job I do cleaning there taking a battering with chemicals and in and out of water all the time. But defiantly from using this product I've noticed a difference in my nails.

With it not chipping which I can assure you it doesn't I would remove the polish after a few days and re apply just so your getting the full benefits from the polish.

I just want to say I still do go and get gel nails done as I'm a girl an its nice to have someone else do your nails for you. But in my experience and I know everyone nails different don't go for acrylic nails go for natural or gel nails if you want a change and always make sure they are 

removed properly. Also buy a cuticle cream and oil and do this on your nails at least once a week.

Again thanks for popping bye and take care xxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment