Saturday 14 January 2017

Naked Smoky





Hey guys hope your having a great Saturday thought it was time for another post and today I'm going to talk about this Urban Decay Palette.
Now you beauty and make up lovers out there will off heard and no doubt even have the naked palettes in your make up collection, if not where have you been you need them in your collection now haha.
This palette contains 12 shadows four of these shadows are matte shades which are great for using as a base color or in the crease.

The other eight shadows are metallic or shimmery and totally beautiful.
Lets start off with the four matte shades within the palette.


thirteen- is a matte white shade that I would use all over the lid or as a bit of a highlight underneath the brow bone.

combust- my interpretation of this color is a off white with taupe under tones. some folk might say its an off white haha.

whiskey- well you can guess that this is a matte brown most would use this again for all over the lid which can be a base shadow, in the crease of your eyes or a line using a eyeliner brush and a little fixing spray to make it wet or even just dab brush in water. Another use for this shade is shadowing in the outer corners of the eyes.
password- again my interpretation off this shadow is like a slate Grey with brown undertones.
All basic matte shadows but can be used in many ways for different looks you could even if your not wanting to use any shimmer shades or metallics you could have an all matte eye look and possibly even use some shimmer shade as outer corner or liner.
Now lets have a look at the other 8 shadows.

 Excuse my lovely arm haha 

lets get started with these beauties 
smolder- this is a purple metallic shade very beautiful and amazing pigment payoff and very build able. 
black market- which as you have already guessed from the name is a black metallic shade without any glitter or shimmery elements to it for your classic black smoked eye.
dagger- I'm going to say this one is slate Grey with slight slivery particles within the shadow
 slanted- in the pan it looks to the eye at first glance as light Grey when swatched its defiantly not Grey it's iridescent light blue with beautiful sliver particles within.
armor- this shade is a sparkling silver.
radar- bronze shimmer.
dirtysweet- bronze/gold shimmer.
high- a pink under toned shade which is also a beautiful inner corner shadow.
The great thing about such a palette compared to any I have within my collection as most palettes no matter the colors there is always matte and shimmer or metallic shadows to create different looks. I do have one palette which I have blogged about that is all mattes so check that one out as some folk don't like the shimmery or metallic look.
  
A lot of people are apprehensive about trying out a smoked eye look as first time I tried it was like oh my god I look like I have a black eye or been punched but at this point I didn't own make up brushes which yes they do make a huge difference to make up application, and I also was not sure how to blend my eyeshadow or build up the products.

The fantastic thing about this Urban Decay palette is they have given us all a mix of colors so you aren't overwhelmed with going straight into the darker shades off a smoked look.

You can have a neutral bronzed smoked goddess eye.
or move into a more slivery slate Grey or blue tones smoky eye.
or 
classic black, or purple toned smoked eyes.
well I hope you guys enjoy this recent post and check out the rest of my blog. 
also 
Instagram -make_up_lover1983
Facebook - julie barbour
Twitter Account - @julie_barbour 
 e mail- juliebarbour@rocketmail.com

have a great weekend guys and like share and comment on my posts. 

love julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment