Saturday 14 January 2017

Lipstick Collection

Hello folks how are we all on this beautiful sunny day. well its sunny here on Isle of Skye anyway.

Todays blog post is going to be on some of the lipsticks in my current collection, obviously if you have been reading my blog posts for a while I did a post on the autumnal colours in the collection well they will still be included also. 

Well were do you begin haha. I used to be more of a lipgloss type of girl but over the past few years I have gotten more into lipsticks.
For a while I was only wearing ysl lipgloss and don't get me wrong I liked it as I bought it more than once and even had it in another colour, the smell of the lipgloss is amazing like a watermelon scent which made it even more appealing. Unfortunately I don't have one so cannot include a picture but no doubt will buy one again and happy to review it for you all.

I am going to start of by talking about a lipstick that came in one of the cohorted beauty boxes.


This is a brand that I had never heard of at all which is a fantastic reason to go out there and try and subscribe if you're into beauty and also can afford to pay a monthly subscription to beauty boxes you can discover brands you have never even heard off.  So in one of the boxes I received this very bright and vibrant red lipstick as part of a snow white and the huntsman palette from a company called Diego Dalla Palma looking more into this company they were founded in 1970 by Italian make up artists to the stars. 

Normally I am reluctant to wear such a bright red lipstick but have worn this one a few times on a night out and it feels amazing on lasts for ages and smells so nice like a subtle vanilla scent.

Its very nourishing non-sticky and moisturizing. If you want to get a hold of this brand I believe you can purchase these products on M&S.


Next up is a high street lipstick I picked up in superdrug it's a Maybelline Colour Sensational lipstick.


It is the colour sugar plum number 220. It has a very sweet smell to it which personally I think is great I love a good scent to all things I purchase its an added bonus.
This is long lasting and extremely nourishing probably one of the cheaper lipstick I own that lasts so long. This lipstick formula contains nourishing honey nectar which adds to the sweet scent and also the amazing texture on application.

In keeping with the lower priced high street lipsticks I  have a rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick now I am defo a fan of the nuder shades of lipsticks and slightly mauve and plum toned.

To be honest I don't think there is much to say on this one personally its a nice colour and it suits me so was reason I bought it. 

The lipstick i'm wearing today is :-

Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in the colour Bitch Perfect.  I got this as a birthday present last year from a very good friend. It comes in a beautiful rose gold packaging which is very pleasing on the eye indeed. Again it smells amazing its perfect nude colour so happy about that and nice and subtle on its very smooth application and sits well, I am very happy with this texture and product. 


This next lipstick is by the amazing make up guru that is Bobbi Brown. 
I did a blog post the other day on my Bobbi Brown lip and eye palette and from receiving that as a christmas present and using it and loving it I then had to go out and purchase this lipstick which is in there palette and it is the creamy lip colour in number 5 blue raspberry it is obviously a very popular colour within this range of lipstick as I tried in a few shops in Edinburgh on a long weekend away with the friend who bought me the palette for my christmas a few years ago and the shops were sold out of this particular colour. So I ended up coming home and ordering 2 of them from house of fraser website and I am over the moon the color I would say is a brown toned pink and the formula is very creamy as the product states so if this is something u think would be of interest to you I advise you to check out bobbi brown x

Now for my biggest collection which is Mac.


Right then here we go haha:-

We have 
1. Rebel which is a the darker of the plum toned lipstick that I have swatched on my hand this one was included in a cohorted box so in hindsight I would not of chosen to buy this lipstick colour. I have tried it on and i'm still making up my mind. this comes in a satin finish formula as some of you might or might not know Mac has many different formulas of lipstick.

2.Next Is a colour called Dark side the more wine deeper plum coloured lipstick and I did buy this one from the online store after a consultation with a mac artist it's definitely more of a autumn winter lipstick I would say, this is in the amplified formula.
3. This is a lipstick I got when you use the "back to mac" system which for those who might not know of this is where you take back 6 mac containers ie. foundation container, lipstick, gloss, mascara, powder, concealer as long as you have six items then you can pick a mac lipstick and what they do with your empies is recycle them. You can check out more about it on there website.
So this lipstick is a nude colour called kinda sexy which the lady in the shop recommended for me, it's a matte formula which personally I don't like so I have not used this often the reason i'm not keen is it dries out my lips which is not great so I  personally would wear like a clear gloss over it or lip balm under it.

4. A sheen supreme formula lipstick in shade bare again now I had to buy this one the same day I got the back to mac system lipstick in kinda sexy so therefore I think possibly you cannot get this formula on the bac to mac scheme. As I would of rather of taken this lipstick instead of the matte kinda sexy Its a very sheer as it says looking lipstick which is a beautiful brownish nude and so nourishing and with the sheen looks like a gloss.

5.&6 are both from the satin viva glam range that mac do and sometime incorporate with celebrities on. Now these lipstick you cannot return to mac as they already send some of their profits from sales to charity.

I promise were getting to the end haha.

next up are the last 3 lipsticks I have purchased recently 

we have got 
Patisserie which is a luster formula and it is a similar shade to the sheen supreme lipstick in bare again but it's not so much of a glossy effect, I bought this on watching youtube gurus and wanting to see for myself what I thought of it.

We now move onto the only other red lipstick in my collection which is also a luster and it is called Ladybug. I have only worn this once so far so can't say too much but I feel cos of the lustre texture it is going to be my perfect red go to shade.

And last but by no means least my absolute favorite mac lipstick in Syrup which again is a luster. Now this shade is just beautiful it definitely a bit of me it's like a your lips but better lip shade it's a pink toned mauve and I definitely will buy this more once it has been used and I hope it is never discontinued. 

Well hope you all have a great weekend and spoil your mum's unfortunately I  will be working.

have a great weekend guys xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment