Saturday 14 January 2017

Face By Pixiwoo





Well this is going to be a different review but its one I cannot wait to write.
If you don't know here is a little background on pixiwoo who are Sam&Nic Chapman who created the you tube channel pixiwoo. They wrote and published this amazing book that came out on 20th November 2016 and oh my I was excited to receive this a few weeks ago.
Sam & Nic are two beautifully stunning  very  creative and talented make up artists from Norwich in England.
I discovered them by typing into you tube make up tutorials and I have never looked back they have even gave me more of an interest and insight into the world of make up.
So naturally when They posted a video reveling that this book was coming out the excitement was too much and I just had to have it and now with reading the book cover to cover man I am glad to have purchased it.
 Can we just take a minute to just appreciate the effort and work that has gone into the book, not only have the girls done a fantastic job of writing it and creating it for there followers and fellow peers but they took it a step further and added a free app face with the book, so you can get the app that works along with the book to give you even more content.


 At the beginning of every chapter there is the phone icon, so you get the app open it and scan the phone over the page and up comes a pixiwoo video fantastic!!!!!.

I personally enjoyed reading the skin section in particular and also the finishes chapter and also lips and eyes.
I have always loved make up since being very little and my mum never wore any so I was always watching others like my bigger cousins doing theres till I was allowed to have some off my own. I confess  to not  being amazing at doing make up but man as I am sure all of us have done over the years I have had some major make up disasters!!!!.
It wasn't really till the last few years I have built up an interest in make up and added to my collection and I didn't even bother with the likes of foundation brushes. I used my fingers and always just used the little sponge applicators that came with the eye shadows or the sponge with the compact.
Now discovering pixiwoo videos and not only that but there brush brand real techniques how on earth did I manage without the brushes for all the different steps within applying my make up.It defiantly is essential to have thee right tools before using make up and I would recommend everyone getting some make up brushes and real technique are amazing and also very affordable.

With reading this book obviously I know that it is important to have good skin care first and foremost before then going onto finding the right shades of foundations and the finish to suit you. 
Again over the years I have had way to much bronzer and looked like been tangoed and got tide lines as not blended properly and totally the wrong color match, now I go to make up counters and ask plenty of questions and get sample before even considering buying I fully advice this don't feel embarrassed.
To conclude I would like to say how proud I am of the very talented, down to earth, funny and informative pixiwoo woman.
Sam & Nic you are so inspirational your working ethic and drive is outstanding, the amount of hours and time and effort you both put in with your pixiwoo channel and real techniques and being fantastic parents at the same time you both deserve some serious recognition for all that you do.
I sincerely wish you both well in all that you do within your future and look forward to more from you both.
You can purchase this book from Amazon.
and also check out you tube channel pixiwoo for make up tutorials and advice there funny and down to earth and great fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment