Saturday 15 April 2017

Authors I love

Happy Saturday everyone hope you having a good one no matter what your getting up to.

I have decided since I'm such a bookworm why not do a post on Authors that I have been loving.


Tess Gerritsen

Tess a graduate of Stanford University, went on to medical school in University of California, San Francisco and got her M.D.

When off having her children Tess began writing fiction novels. 
In 1987 she published her first novel. Call After Midnight, which is a romantic thriller which was followed by 8 more suspense novels. 

So I discovered Tess books when I was staying in a hotel and there was some books left I hadn't taken anything to read with me so seeing the books I was intrigued and started reading the book, The book was called The Surgeon it was amazing I swear down I couldn't put it down and ever since that moment I was hooked and became a huge fan of her books. 

Tess has a series of books That have the characters Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles and there is all so an American TV series on Rizzoli & Isles.

The Rizzoli & Isles books in order are :

The Surgeon
The Apprentice
The Sinner
Body Double 
Vanish
The Mephisto Club
Keeping The Dead
The killing Place 
The Silent Girl
Last To Die
Die Again

And I have read them all there amazing, if your into murder, thriller and on tender hooks type reading then I highly suggest theses books.

Tess all so has many independent books that are not part of this series there also amazing she has even done some short stories and screenplays.

She is defiantly an all time favourite of mine Having read all of her current book I'm hoping she is going to bring out loads more. 




Mark Edwards

Mark became a new discovery a few years ago before I went away on holiday to Tuscany Having a kindle sometimes I go with the recommended books that are suggested for me if they sound good, I came across a book called The Magpies by Mark Edwards. 

Oh my this book was so good like nothing I had read before, a little information on Mark, he writes Psychological Thrillers, about scary things happening to ordinary people he got his inspiration to write these types of books by Authors such as, Stephen King and Linwood Barclay.

Mark is from the south coast of England, Mark started to write in his 20s even teaming up with Louise Voss to co write some novels such as Killing Cupid and Catch Your Death.

I don't want to give spoilers of the books as I would no doubt write too much and spoil it. 

But they books I have read of Mark Edwards are as follows:

The Magpies
Killing Cupid
The Girl Who Moved In Next Door
Kissing Games
Follow You Home
Catch Your Death
Forward Slash
What You Wish For

These are all FANTASTIC BOOKS.

But I highly recommend that you go and read The Magpies for sure even if it is thee only one of his books that you pick up. 

Well folks this is all for the now on books and I am sure there defiantly will be more along the way. 

Hope you have a fantastic Easter and don't eat too much chocolate ha ha. 

much love

Julie 

Don't forget to check out my you tube channel  JULIE BARBOUR and like and subscribe.

  


  











No comments:

Post a Comment