Thursday 23 March 2017

Current Favourite Highlights




Evening folks I thought I would do a post on my current 3 Favourite Highlighters.

Now I am 33 and sometimes I personally feel that I cannot pull off wearing highlighter, especially the more out there ones like the brand Becca.

I put it on then look at myself and think its making the lines on my face look worse than they need to be and not subtle at all ha were is this amazing glow that one is supposed to have haha.

Being obsessed with all things make up and cosmetics of course you got to browse about and try a good few.

These are the ones that I find not to be so over the top on myself.

My first love and as you will be able to tell from the photo that it hitting pan is the Kevyn Aucoin the celestial powder in the shade CANDLELIGHT.

I love love love this product, it's defiantly a you tube made me buy this product as for one I hadn't  even heard of  space nk until watching all these many you tubers, let alone this brand in general. 

When away on a girls weekend in Edinburgh went into space nk and man did browse to buy thee whole shop!.

I made a beeline for the Kevyn Aucoin counter and said to myself your definitely going to leave this shop with a purchase from this brand as it looked and felt stunning when I swatched the highlighters and some other products.

It comes in this stunning like glittery burgundy shade that merges into the darker shade with thee stunning gold writing on the lid. You push the long golden button to release the magic that is awaiting inside then you find this golden beautiful finely milled powder, there is no scent to this product and also not glittery which is fantastic unless that is what your looking for in your highlighter. 

It also comes with a small mirror which for the size of the item is actually a pretty decent mirror to use. 

I highly recommend trying this out, as I said picked it up at space nk so go and check it out.

Next up is the lovely Bobbi Brown who does make up so well, and not only are her products good quality I love the packaging its so pleasing on the eye even if its not fancy looking.

So this one is nude finish illuminating powder, as you see in the photo its like a brick, now Bobbi Brown do there classic shimmering bricks which can get used as a blush or highlight but are super shimmery. 

After looking at BBpro Hannah Martin's videos on you tube and her discussing this item and turns out its used normally as a setting or finishing powder I was like oh... as I thought it was a highlight. 

It is an off sort of beige brown tones with two squares within that have slight shimmer so I have decided to use it as a subtle highlight, and suppose it can be used as a multi purpose item which is always an added bonus isn't it!!.

So again I would suggest this as an alternative for a subtle highlight if you are looking to try out getting that glow without harsh over the top shimmer.

The newest one to my collection was a recommendation from a Mac make up Artist online, I explained my concerns with using highlighter and them just not looking the best on myself and she suggested for me to try out.

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in the shade LIGHTSCAPADE.

This is the larger of the products as you can see from the photo there is 10g so this is going to last you forever unless you go crazy with it ha.

Its totally stunning to look at with its marbled effect its got some blue tones in there and swirls of pearly pink within the golden and white base its totally stunning on the skin.

So if you are interested in a more subtle highlighter then so far these are the three I have found. 

If there are anymore out there I would love to check them out so leave comments and places of where to find them and I hope you enjoyed this post.

I also have a you tube channel Julie Barbour so go and check that out also, like and share and subscribe and have a fantastic evening whatever you may be doing xxx






<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18806931/?claim=wr33y2dcs8q">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>










No comments:

Post a Comment